The role of admission committee at Arihant College is as following :
- The Admissions Committee is responsible for the student admission in all programmes.
- The admissions committee endeavors to identify applicants with the greatest likelihood of success in attaining the degree.
- The admissions committee tracks the success of the admissions process each year by maintaining a database of pertinent information on the applicants.
- This committee reviews admission requirements for the program annually.
- Facilitate students up to enrollment in the university.
- Ensure that the interdisciplinary goals and focus of the program are maintained.
- Ensure that the quality of student training remains consistently high throughout the program.
- Periodically review program issues and develop proposals for policy revision when needed.
- Make individual decision regarding requests for major shifts in a student’s course program.
The role of academic committee at Arihant College is as following :
- The prepare and Academic calendar to be executed in the upcoming session.
- To ensure quality with regard to pedagogy, to check the notes and study material prepared by ach faculty.
- Syllabus coverage should be checked and for any deviation should be completed in the given period.
- Any difficulty found in completing in syllabus should be represented to the Principal.
- Utilization of modern teaching tools such as smart board should be effectively used with the availability resources in the college.
- Periodic review of registers maintained by the faculty.
- The critical analytical subjects felt by the students must be taken through special classes in case of demand by the students.
- Exercise problems from the text book can be given as assignment in each unit of the subject, weightage can be given along with assessment text.
- The following classroom observation should be followed scrupulously
- Class note verification
- Questioning and reasoning
- Need based teaching
- Student discipline (ID Card, Dress Code, Shoe etc)
- Once a year to take feedback of the students in the prescribed feedback form of the Institute.
Activity and Cultural Events Committee
The role of activity and cultural events committee at Arihant College is as following :
- To plan curriculum , co–curricular and extracurricular activities to ensure all round development of the students.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Responsible for all the intra and inter college events.
- To plan and schedule cultural events for the academic year.
- To organize and celebrate fests.
- To organize and celebrate festivals.
- To arrange other cultural events on campus after the classes.
- To prepare and send students for various inter college competitions organized by other institutes.
- To organize various cultural activities according to academic calendar.
- To inculcate the sense of belongingness, team work, coordination & amicability.
- To enhance the social skills in students besides their professional education.
The role of grievance committee at Arihant College is as following :
- To develop an organizational framework to resolve grievances of students and other stakeholders.
- To provide the students access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have their Grievance redressed.
- To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities to access benefits due under the policies.
- To establish structured interactions with students to elicit information on their expectations.
- To institute a monitoring mechanism to oversee the functioning of the Grievance Redressal Policy.
- To ensure a democratic environment in the campus.
- To acquaint all the students about their rights and duties.
- To solve the various personal and educational related grievances of students.
- To ensure the qualitative as well as quantitative development of the institution through the grievance and Redressal cell.
Procedure for lodging complaint :
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
The role of discipline committee at Arihant College is as following :
- To prepare guidelines and parameters for various committees & cells to watch whether execution of plans are done within stipulated period or not.
- Periodic review of the system which is being maintained by various committees and cells.
- To monitor outreach activities of the institution.
- Development and application of quality benchmark for various activities of the college.
- To ensure that students must attend lectures, practical’s, tutorials, etc. as per the Time Table. They must not abstain themselves from classes, practical’s, tutorials , examination etc. without written permission of the Principal.
- The Identity Card is meant for identifying bonafide students and is used for permitting the student to participate in various activities and programs of the college. To ensure that every students must wear the Identity card as long as he/she is in the college campus.. It must be produced by the student whenever demanded by a member of the teaching or non teaching staff of the college.
- To ensure that the conduct of the students in the classes and in the premises of the college shall be such as will cause no disturbance to teachers,fellow students.
- To ensure that no Society or Association shall be found in the College and no person should be invited on the College Campus without the specific permission of the Principal. The Principal has a right to refuse such permission.
- To check that no students will be allowed to conduct any political activity in the college premises.
- Matters not covered above will be decided at the discretion of the Principal.
Acts of misbehavior, misconduct, indiscipline or various of the rules of discipline mentioned above are liable for one or more punishments as started below :-
- Warning to the students.
- Warning to the students as well as a letter to the parents.
- Imposition of a fine.
- Denial of library, Laboratory, NSS, Student aid or any other facility for a specified period or for the whole Term/Year.
- Cancellation of Terms.
- Refusal of admission in the next term or academic year.
- Cancellation of Admission.
- Expulsion from the college for a specified period.
Women and Empowerment Cell
The role of women and empowerment cell at Arihant College is as following :
- To resolve issue pertaining to girls/ woman’s sexual harassment.
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of Grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
Complaint procedure :
- Students report their grievance to the class Representator.
- A member who feels that he or she has been harassed can also approach the Principal or committee head personally.
Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure action, including reprimands, suspension or termination.
- After knowing grievance of students, class representator discusses it with the Principal and then an appropriate solution is found out. If not solved at this level then grievance is taken up to the IQAC Cell.
- The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints ( if necessary).
- After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.
Guidance & Counseling Committee
To role of guidance, counseling and placement cell at Arihant College are :
- It serves as a vital link between the students of the college and the potential employers of Industry.
- It focuses on widening the job prospects for those students who want to launch themselves in a career and to sharpen the knowledge about the courses available for those who want to pursue higher studies.
- To gather and disseminate information on job avenues and placement in different institutions and concerns related to the courses that the college offers to interested students.
- Organize seminar and guidance workshop by experts from the industry and intuitions on
- Soft Skills
- Emerging professional trends and events, job profiles ,leadership roles, entrepreneurship and career opportunities in different fields of study.
- Creating awareness about the opportunities to pursue higher studies in Indian and abroad.
- Facilitating the actual recruitment procedure.
- Maintaining record of all activities and the outcome of each of them.
- Preparing the database of the graduating students giving details about their educational qualification, career choice etc.
- The guidance and counseling help desk was active since the beginning of the admissions till the orientation programmes to guide the students for making correct choices in terms of subject combinations and for choosing the right option for them. The other queries of the students were also answered.
The role of library committee at Arihant College is :
- The Libraries Committee shall advise and make recommendations on all the matters pertinent to the research and general service functions of the libraries, including allocation of funds for the increase of library holdings.
- The Libraries Committee shall serve as a conduit for suggestions from faculty and students for the improvement of the libraries.
- The Libraries Committee is responsible for planning for the upkeep and future development of the college Library and the purchase of books for the Library.
- From time to time it reviews the regulations governing the use of the Library and other matters concerning the Library such as the borrowing of books and disciplinary matters.
- To hold meetings to discuss important issues regarding Library.
- To involve all the faculty members in the selection of books pertaining to their subjects.
- To take decision on purchase of books.
- To visit libraries of other institutions and recommend the addition of new journals.
- To display book flaps of new arrivals.
- To suggest extra working hours of the Library when needed.
- To take action for violation of norms.
- To get recommendation for purchase of new books from teachers and students.
- To keep pace with modern technology.
The role of workshop /seminar /FDP committee at Arihnat College is as following :
- Encouraging publications in form of journals and research papers.
- Encouraging peer learning among the staff members.
- To organize Seminar, Workshop, faculty Development Programme and Conference so that research culture may be maintained.
- Plan for the collaborative activities such as
- Faculty Exchange
- Students Publications in Collaboration with Journals
- Internship Training
- Students Exchange
- Summer Classes
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in Indian and abroad.
- Working with researches , research clusters and units to develop college contributions (where appropriate) to national and international seminars and workshop opportunities.
- Communicating and publicizing the successes and outputs of college Research activities.
- Enhancing relationships and working with research committees in other colleges within the University.
- Developing external relationships with funding agencies, nationally and internationally and with other Universities and Research Institutions.
Anti ragging committee at Arihnat College is as following :
- To ensure compliance with the provisions of these regulations and any law for the time being in force concerning ragging and to deal and act promptly with the incidents of ragging brought to its notice.
- To keep tabs on the happenings/ events related to ragging in campus or off- campus within the premises.
- To conduct such enquiry observing a fair and transparent procedure and the Principals of natural justice and after giving adequate opportunity to the student or students accused of ragging and other witnesses to place before it the facts, documents and views concerning the incident of ragging , and considering such other relevant information as may be required.
- To monitor , direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
- To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all around the Campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- Conduct anonymous random surveys among freshers to check whether the campus is indeed free from ragging.
- To ensure the display of poster/tabs on main and Departmental Notice Boards and other places such as canteen, library, Sports Lounge and other prominent designated places.
- Also to monitor the welfare of fresh students outside the campus.